Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chipotle and Krispy Kreme's

So you're are probably looking at the title of the post thinking #WTF is he going to be talking about in this post. It is alright if you're lost by the randomness of this title. Like the randomness of the title, was exactly how I was feeling about these thoughts that were racing through my mind during this walk the other day.

Before the walk, I had chop't it up (casual conversation) with my bro. He was rapping (talking) to me about this kid we grew up with that we have not chilled with since 6th or 7th grade and how he saw him over the July 4th weekend.

This meeting prompted us to reflect on our past summers. And #damn we're getting old! We started to look at each summer as chapters in our lives, with each summer giving a name by the theme which described it best.  I am not going to list all of the summers, but the last three has had probably the biggest impact on my life. I would like to share the three with you all...

#Summer2008: The Wake Up- This was the summer after High School graduation. It was an amazing time. Party, Girls, and Good Times with my boys, #pause. Besides that, it was the first time I felt like an adult. I was paying for college, I had a job, unfortunately bills, but most of all I was laying out the foundations of my future. I was becoming a man. I had made the most important investment in my life to date, to attend college.

#Summer2009: The Life-  The summer after college I was in such a high point in my life. I was in my neo season (#shoutout to Spr09). I was just living the life. I had a part time job, traveling all over the states for free, and living with family in the district(for free!). I didn't care about much, I was really just cruising and having fun with the newly found #Phamily.

#Summer2010: The Come Up- Everything this summer has been designed around the goal of self-improvement. I am on my professional, health, and academic grind. Oh yea I'm definitely finding sometime to party as well. This summer has been a summer to remember already and it's still being written. #ShoutOut to 605(a) We Live!

So next time you think of something random things like Chipotle and Krispy Kreme's going together, embrace it. Its delicious "Food for Thought."

-iBlogLive

No comments:

Post a Comment